Friday, December 21, 2012

new scarf yarn

Yesterday I ended the post with this teaser...


 A pic of all the beautiful colors and hanks of this great new yarn. It is called Passion Nette by Plymouth yarn and unlike most of these novelty scarf yarns it isn't 100% acrylic.  It is consists of 68% cotton and 32% acrylic.  It really gives it a interesting feel to the yarn and more texture then most.  Not to mention the colorways are amazing my fav. is the mermaid looking color. Well I sat down last night and knit up the sample for you guys and here it is..
 Here I am modeling it.  One skein makes a decent scarf.  Very simple knitting you just spread the thread and co 8 (by picking up 8 loops along the edge) then knit 8 back and forth for the entire scarf.
 I took a up close picture so you can see the great texture and color.
This yarn is for sure a great departure from the typical scarf yarn for those who like a bit more of a natural feel to their yarn.  I would compare the texture and feel of it to malabrigo lace.  Go in and give it a look for your self.

No comments:

Post a Comment